CELTA Test Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
CELTA gives you the essential skills, knowledge and hands-on teaching practice you need to teach English to adults. CELTA is ideal if you’re new to teaching, or have teaching experience but want a recognized qualification. It is:
- Requested globally by reputable employers
- Widely available – over 1,500 courses running each year in over 70 countries
- A highly respected qualification from Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge
- Regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) at level 5 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework and given premium product endorsement by NEAS in Australia.
- Full time or part-time
- Face to face or partly online
- 120-hour course
- All options give you teaching practice in English language classes.
- Written assignments
- Assessed teaching practice.
Minimum entry requirements
- Proficient English language user (between CEFR Level C1 and C2 or above)
- Educated to the standard required for entry into higher education.